It’s enough to keep you up at night. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 1 in 6 Americans get sick from contaminated foods or beverages each year, and 3,000 die.
In addition, CDC reports that foodborne illnesses cost more than $15.6 billion each year, citing data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
These sobering numbers are enough to make the most seasoned environmental monitoring professional ask two key questions:
- Are we sure we’re following best practices for environmental monitoring?
- Do we have access to the best tools to get the job done?
Now you can answer both questions with a resounding YES.
Puritan Medical Products has compiled a great new free resource, 4 Things to Know About Food Safety Zones: A Checklist.
The checklist includes:
- A BREAKDOWN of the 4 Food Safety Zones recognized by both federal regulators and industry professionals.
- A HANDY CHART that identifies WHERE to test most vigorously for WHICH pathogen.
- A LINK TO THE BEST specimen collection and transport tools in the business.
Every step toward prevention is worth taking.