Many companies find value in product customization, but is it right for yours? Should you customize your lab kits, swabs and other single use medical products? Here’s what you should consider before making your decision on whether to go custom.
Reasons to Customize Your Product
Whether you need a custom media for a special application or just want your logo in the hands of lab techs around the globe, we can think of a dozen reasons to customize your product. Here are two of the big ones:
- To increase brand recognition for your new product
- To assure a reorder: familiarity with your brand builds confidence and loyalty
Three Reasons to Hold Off on Customization
Customization makes sense for a lot of businesses and programs, but it's not the right choice for everyone. Here are a couple of reasons you should put customized lab kits on the Bunsen burner:
- Your brand has no following
- Your volume requirements are too low to meet minimums/low volume cost is too high
- You will wait until you have assurance the product is successful before identifying it as yours
Three Reasons to Consider Co-Branding
Unlike custom private labeling, co-branding is an arrangement that allows two companies to combine the strength of their respective expertise and offer a product branded by both.
When you co-brand with Puritan, your brand benefits from its association with high-quality American made products. When we co-brand with you, we benefit from your endorsement. Here are three reasons to consider co-branding:
- Your brand is new. Identifying with a known brand brings confidence to the end user
- You need market validation. Partnering with a known brand raises status
- Your manufacturer brings certifications needed to meet market requirements
When Customization is Worth the Investment
Creating custom configurations, printing custom labels, and formulating custom media is generally more expensive than purchasing stock products. But many times, the investment in customization pays dividends in long-term ROI. If your business meets any of the criteria below, it's likely worth it to invest in a custom solution or private label:
- Your market is reaching for or has reached outside your region
- You have a patented product
- Your business model is based on end users reordering from you
- You have established your place in your market and want to differentiate
your product from ones of lesser value
- You require large volumes of product that warrant meeting high minimum requirements
Puritan's Customization Capabilities
Puritan’s customization capabilities are just one of the things that set us apart from our competitors. Just tell us what you want to accomplish and we’ll develop a product configured to your specifications.
Customization is a rapidly expanding market for businesses like Puritan that specialize in the development of innovative products.
Our skilled R&D team values the opportunity to provide custom solutions in:
- Configurations and packaging
- Private labeling
- Custom media filling
Want to learn more about our custom capabilities? Click below to speak with a knowledgeable sales representative.